Flat Top Dot-Rough
Solvent Based Ink
- Hard photopolymer flexo plate with inherent flat top dots
- Easy creation of flat top dots with your standard solvent processing equipment
- Developed especially for the flexible packaging market where solvent-based inks are widespread
- Special textured plate surface that eliminates the need of surface screening to achieve a good ink laydown in print
Convincing print results
- Smooth, homogenous solids, uniform vignettes and soft fade-outs
- Significant improvement of the typical trail edge void effect
- Even ink laydown and increased solid ink density
- High print resolution – precise reproduction of fine elements (e.g. first stable tonal value 1.6 % at 60 l/cm)
- Reduced bump-up for extended gamut
Simplify prepress and plate making
- Reduce cost, save time: No additional equipment, no time consuming LED exposure or any consumables required, no surface screening printing trials are needed
- Short laser time as you can use standard laser resolution (2.400 / 2.540 dpi)
Improve productivity and consistency
- Less dot gain tolerances – on press the Flat Top Dots are less impression sensitive than standard digital dots resulting in improved production consistency
- Quick ready-to-press thus reduced start-up times and waste
- Plate flatness greatly reduces mounting issues and plate lift on cylinders
- High wear resistance
The nyloflex® FTF can be processed with nyloflex® processing equipment and all similar devices and can be used with all laser systems suitable for imaging flexo printing plates.
Suitable for all solvent based printing inks and conditionally suitable for water based and UV inks (ethyl acetate content preferably below 15%, ketone content preferably below 5 %).
Especially good results are achieved with nylosolv® washout solvents. nylosolv® can be distilled and reused.
A detailed description of the imaging, exposure and finishing steps, as well as detailed information about handling and storing, can be found in the nyloflex® User Guide.
High quality standard
nyloflex® printing plates are manufactured according to DIN ISO 9001, DIN ISO 14001 and DIN ISO 50001 standards and requirements. This process guarantees our customers consistent high quality products and services.