Global Lead Buyer (f/d/m)
- Germany, Willstätt
- Develop, lead and execute the strategic sourcing process globally for all our business segments (Plates, Sleeves, Prepress).
- Implement the corresponding decisions taken as part of this process together with the Technical Directors and other stakeholders in the organization.
- This also includes cost savings initiatives created by synergies of all segments or alternative raw material selection.
- Contribute to the sustainability agenda of the business when selecting raw materials and packing materials.
- Manage supplier performance to ensure uninterrupted supply according to the supply planning and quality requirements.
- Deliver Procurement price forecast for those categories for which the role holder is responsible and provide sufficient information for other business planning processes.
- Together with the technical managers and other stakeholders, identify and realize opportunities within the category/portfolio to reduce overall total costs.
- Constantly work on de-risking the raw material portfolio for XSYS in terms of dependency and cost
- Market analysis to optimize supplier selection and qualify additional supply channels.
- To carry out negotiations and maintain and coordinate the relationship with suppliers and to contract globally up to a specified spend authority.
- Support the delivery of working capital savings and drive the delivery of creditor targets globally.
- Receive and collect sufficient information from the units/local buyers about the supplier and their performance including active participation in the product development process to be able to review the initial supplier selection process.
- Manage, lead and resolve supplier conflict and claims above a certain value.
- Manage and develop an international, dynamically evolving team of direct and indirect reports across the 3 business segments and align the purchasing strategy amongst the team members and stakeholders.
- Degree and expert knowledge in purchasing of chemicals
- Proven leadership experience
- >5 years professional experience as lead buyer
- Profound analytical skills
- Experienced negotiator, able to lead an communicate complex changes at different levels in the organization
- Experiences in cloud based purchasing tools desired
- Fluent in English, German fluency also preferred
- Strategic capabilities
- Inter-personal effectiveness
- Delivering results
- Commercial flair and acumen
- Drive step change
- Willingness to travel upon business requirement
Purpose of the job
- To conclude effectively supplier contracts at overall lowest total cost of ownership in order to impact positively P&L and Balance Sheet (working capital, creditor terms, and vendor managed inventory).
- Identify and reduce risk, by appropriate plans and other actions to secure on time supply and purchased goods quality.
- Contribute to Critical Success Factors as defined by XSYS.
- Drive cost saving initiatives in procurement, while keeping the product performance stable.